Lead Oxide (PbO) Manufacture & Supplier in Haldia Port, Paradip Port, Kolkata Port.
Lead(II) oxide, also called lead monoxide, is the inorganic compound with the molecular formula PbO.
PbO occurs in two polymorphs, one litharge having a tetragonal crystal structure and the other massicot having an orthorhombic crystal structure. Modern applications for PbO are mostly in lead-based industrial glass and industrial ceramics, including computer components. It is an amphoteric oxide.
Niche or declining uses
A mixture of PbO with glycerine sets to a hard, waterproof cement that has been used to join the flat glass sides and bottoms of aquariums, and was also once used to seal glass panels in window frames. It is a component of lead paints.
In powdered tetragonal litharge form, it can be mixed with linseed oil and then boiled to create a weather-resistant sizing used in gilding. The litharge would give the sizing a dark red color that made the gold leaf appear warm and lustrous, while the linseed oil would impart adhesion and a flat durable binding surface.
This product has versatile use.
- Lead oxide is Mainly used in electron tubes, picture tubes, optical glass, anti-X-ray lead glass and radiation-resistant rubber products.
- Used in smelting metal lead and preparing lead glass, lead compound, catalyst and paint drier.
- Used as analytical reagents, silicate flux, but also for the precipitation of amino acids
- Lead oxide is used in the manufacture of PVC plastic stabilizer and also is the raw materials of other lead salts. In the paint industry, it can be used with oil to make lead soap for paint driers. It can also be used in the manufacture of high refractive index optical glass, ceramic enamel, plane grinding agent of precision machine tool, medical raw materials and rubber coloring agent. It is also used for battery plate manufacturing, oil refining and so on.
- Used as pigments, metallurgical fluxes and paint driers, and also used in petroleum, rubber, glass, enamel and other industries
- Used as fluxing agents of decomposing silicate and metallurgy and paint driers, and also used for determination of gold and silver and precipitation of amino acids. It can be blended with glycerol to produce hard materials as adhesives in glass and rubber industry.
Our 24-hour, 365-day rapid response chemical treatments meet supply and trading challenges with experienced crews, superior additives, and application knowledge. Our built-for-purpose equipment delivers safe, treatment anytime, anywhere.
Also reffers our related valuable products,,,,